Sunday, June 30, 2013

Guided Reading Literacy Stations


 I love using my Literacy Station Signs and I Can Task Cards to help me organize my guided reading and literacy station rotations.  Since I have an ocean themed classroom, I call them Sea Centers. I have four guided reading groups so I have four literacy stations that the students must complete each week.  Each group goes to one station each day. 

Literacy Station Rotations
 The literacy station signs are a great visual to post at each station since they match the border to the pocket chart headers and task cards. My students know exactly where they need to be during my guided reading and literacy station block. 

 Below are some examples of the task cards I put at each station.
 
 
 
Once they complete their station for that day, they can complete an anchor activity.  I have four different colored boxes (I bought them last year from Target) labeled with my 4 reading groups so they know which anchor activities to complete.  Each basket contains extension activities to extend their learning.  I use a variety of anchor activities, but my favorite ones to use are called Activity Cards for Early Finishers from TheMailbox.com.

Anchor Activity Boxes
  On Friday, students have time to finish any station they did not get to complete during the week.  Once they complete all of their stations, they can do Fun Friday!  Fun Friday is an opportunity to play a fun reading game of their choice while I do running records on my students.  I always remind them to do a whisper voice when I am doing my assessments.  This cute voice level chart freebie from Teaming Up to Teach really helps!


Below are some of my favorite items from Lakeshore Learning that I use in my literacy stations. 
My students love these leveled writing activity pockets!  They also make it easy for differentiation.

The partner scripts were a fun addition to my reading center.  Students love taking turns reading the engaging stories and then asking each other questions about the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love your theme . Can I get the task cards from your store? please let me know the link. Thank you

    ReplyDelete