Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Crazy about Contractions!

Before spring break, we learned about making and using different contractions.  Below you will find a fun activity we used to practice this skill. 

Contraction Poster
I hang this contraction poster in my classroom as an anchor chart for my students to refer to as we study this skill.  Click on the picture below to check out my ocean themed grammar posters at my TPT store!
Contraction Flowers
This is one of my favorite activities to use with contractions!  I have my students create their own flowers from construction paper.  They write the contraction on the flower and the two words that make up the contraction on the leaves.  They can make clouds out of white paper, but some chose to draw them instead.  The raindrops from the clouds are apostrophes to water the flowers.  Too cute!

2 comments:

  1. I love the contractions poster. Do you still have a digital copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! Yes, this contraction poster comes in my ocean themed grammar posters pack. You can get them by clicking on the contractions poster picture above or by the link below. Have a great day!
    https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Beach-and-Ocean-Themed-Grammar-Posters-190215

    ReplyDelete