Saturday, December 14, 2013

Merry Christmas with Your Favorite Picture Books!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Merry-Christmas-with-Your-Favorite-Picture-Books-1022084
 Merry Christmas everyone!  I wanted to share with you some of my favorite books to read during the month of December.

Gingerbread Mouse
 
Gingerbread Mouse is one of my favorite stories to read in December!
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Merry-Christmas-with-Your-Favorite-Picture-Books-1022084
  After reading the story we had a blast making this cute Gingerbread Mouse gingerbread house story summary!  They then colored candy decorations to decorate their gingerbread house cover.  Each one was so unique and creative!

Olive, the Other Reindeer
 
This week I will be reading Olive, the Other Reindeer to my class.  I will then have them retell the main events on the cute Christmas themed paper and draw a picture of their favorite part at the top.  They will then create a cute Olive to attach to the top of their summary.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Merry-Christmas-with-Your-Favorite-Picture-Books-1022084

The Gingerbread Pirates
Aaaarrrr you ready for a fun Christmas story?  The Gingerbread Pirates is such a fun book to read!  After we read and discuss the story, students will retell the beginning, middle, and end of the story using the treasure chest pattern.  They will then color and attach the treasure chest cover.  Next, boys will create a gingerbread boy pirate and girls will create a gingerbread girl pirate.  Then, they will attach their gingerbread pirate to the top of their treasure chest retelling. 


Merry Christmas, Splat
My class loves all of the Splat books!  After reading Merry Christmas Splat, they wrote a summary of the story on the present pattern.  I noticed a big difference in my students' retelling since they have been making all of these cute Christmas retelling craftivities.  I love making reading fun for them while boosting their comprehension at the same time!  Click here to get these fun book activity pack! 
All of the cute Christmas craftivities you see in the background can be found in the pack below.  Click on the picture below to get a closer look!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Winter-Themed-Reading-Comprehension-Book-Craftivities-For-Any-Book-1002994

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm prima. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Prima

    ReplyDelete